After finally getting a book published, many authors findthat the hardest part wasn’t actually writing the book or getting it into print. The biggest challenge lies in marketing the book. Aside from the fact that it can be overwhelming, most authors have day jobs and not much time to figure out which book promotion strategies will work. The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan is loaded with proven and effective tactics to make the marketing journey a bit easier and a lot more effective.
You will learn how to:
· Develop your own unique book marketing plan
· Establish authority in your field for your subject matter
· Build an effective website and leverage the power of blogging
· Reach your audience with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and YouTube
· Attract media attention with DIY publicity strategies that generate big exposure
· Boost sales on Amazon with insider tips to help you gain more visibility for your book
· Participate in book awards programs, book signing events, and other offline strategies
· Host ebook giveaways, write for websites, participate in Internet radio shows, and other powerful online marketing tactics
· Break in to professional speaking—for free or for fee
· Leverage your book to generate revenues from consulting, information products, and much more
Each chapter concludes with an interview with a successful nonfiction author, providing even more real-world insight. Written for new and established authors of business, self-help, health and wellness, memoir, how-to, and other nonfiction books, The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan will help you identify proven tactics that you can begin implementing immediately to reach your audience and sell more books.
Stephanie Chandler is the author of several books including The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan: Online and Offline Promotion Strategies to Build Your Audience and Sell More Books and Own Your Niche: Hype-Free Internet Marketing Tactics to Establish Authority in Your Field and Promote Your Service-Based Business.
Stephanie is also founder and CEO of the Nonfiction Authors Association, a vibrant marketing community for trail-blazing writers, and the Nonfiction Writers Conference, an annual event conducted entirely online. A frequent speaker at business events and on the radio, she has been featured in Entrepreneur, BusinessWeek, and Wired magazine. See also: @bizauthor and @NonfictionAssoc on Twitter and Facebook.com/NonfictionAuthorsAssociation.
“As someone whohas been writing and promoting nonfiction books for decades, I can tell you
that Stephanie Chandler knows what she’s doing. The Nonfiction Book
Marketing Plan is an essential guide to getting more exposure for you
and your books online. This book should be on every author’s bookshelf!”
- Dan Poynter, Author of The
Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book, www.ParaPublishing.com
“Nobody knows internet marketing for authors like Stephanie Chandler!
This book is loaded with strategies that will help you sell more books
- Brian Jud, Executive Director of
SPAN and author of How to Make Real Money Selling Books
“Stephanie has been around the ‘book block’ many times in her
jam-packed career—one full of big-time risk and reward. She holds
nothing back here, sharing the vast wealth of her experience in
the nonfiction realm. If publishing nonfiction is your game, this
book provides an invaluable success blueprint, from someone who’s done so
many things right for a long time. Buy it.”
- Peter Bowerman,
Author The Well-Fed Writer and The Well-Fed Self-Publisher
"Stephanie Chandler's The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan is
chock-full of proven ideas for marketing your books, your program, and
yourself. If you're a nonfiction author who really wants to sell books, this is
an invaluable resource. Highly recommended."
- Joel Friedlander, www.TheBookDesigner.com
"Essential reading for anyone who wants to be a successful writer in the
digital age. This is a tremendous guide that will enable you to take advantage
of the amazing opportunities for sharing your passion for your work."
- Michael Larsen, Author of How to Write a Book Proposal,
co-director of the San Francisco Writers Conference
“At last, a book for nonfiction authors written by a savvy business consultant
that integrates the dos and don’ts of writing and publishing with credible tips
for leveraging your book into opportunities and profits. Filled with concise
ideas, tips, examples, personal experiences, and author profiles.”
- Roger C. Parker, www.PublishedandProfitable.com
“Stephanie Chandler's new release, The
Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan, is a bible for the nonfiction author . . .
a thorough, logical, step-by-step guide that is priceless in navigating this
explosive world of options when it comes to publishing, promotion, and
marketing a book. Finally, nonfiction authors have directions of their own, and
don't have to hunt amongst all the fiction advice to find guidance that fits
their needs. A professional guidebook to walk you through the all-too-many
issues involved in getting your book into the hands of readers.”
- C. Hope Clark, Editor www.FundsforWriters.com, Author of The Shy Writer
"If you're looking for a checklist to design and carry out a book
marketing plan, here it is. Stephanie has provided a great overview for
generating book sales."
- John Kremer, Author of 1001 Ways to Market Your Books