Kidnapped! Russell stared at three machine guns pointed at him. After attempting to escape, he lowered his head and waited to die.
The guerillas had captured this young missionary in the jungles of Colombia. Russell’s response and faith will inspire young readers in their own walk with the Lord, while real life adventure and humorous missteps will keep them glued to the pages.
- Young Russell’s prayer asking God to call his parents to be missionaries.
- God’s answer when Russell was eight and his donation to his mother’s schooling.
- A near disaster involving a pig in an airplane and donkeys on the runway.
- His capture and confinement to a guerilla camp in the jungle.
- Russell’s decision to rescue his captors by being a good example and loving them.
- His release from, and return to, his enemies to continue the ministry he had begun.
Russell Stendal, a former hostage of Colombian rebels, is a lifelong missionary to that same group in the jungles of Colombia. He is an influential friend to military and government leaders in Colombia, Cuba, Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States. Russell’s ministry shares the gospel via twelve radio stations, hundreds of thousands of Bibles, books, and movies distributed through airplane parachute drops, and numerous speaking engagements for groups of leaders, prisoners, and individuals. Russell goes wherever the Lord leads, whether it’s to speak with a president or go deep into the jungle to help an individual in trouble. He has witnessed thousands commit their lives to Christ.