You've been growing. Others know it. And God is honoring it. So whether you see yourself that way or not, God has matured you to the point where you're ready to lead. And we're going to help you get more ready.
Season 5: Growing in Leadership focuses on how to stay functional even as you learn how to lead. In this 13-week study, you'll walk together through the foibles of leadership—communication, conflict resolution, building consensus, learning how to adjust your ministry, and learning to stay focused on God instead of "your ministry."
Carl Simmons is author of From Disciples to Disciplers, a six-season series for small groups, Sunday schools, and 1-on-1 discipleship; and the interactive devotional Lay It Down: A Journey into Trust. Carl serves as editor/coordinator for the Character Formation Project. and was editor of smallgroupministry.com. In addition to Lay It Down and the From Disciples to Disciplers series, Carl has co-authored and/or edited numerous other Bible studies and books, including:
- Dare to Be Uncommon, by Tony Dungy and Karl Leuthauser
- The Discover God series, by Bill Bright
- The Gospel Series (Gospel Identity, Gospel Growth, and Gospel Love), by World Harvest Mission
- The Missional Journey, by Bob Logan
- Live Again: Wholeness after Divorce small-group kit, by Michelle Borquez
- Reformed Means Missional: Following Jesus into the World, by World Harvest Mission (essays by Tim Keller, Diane Langberg, Boz Tchividjian, et al.)
"This isn't a fix everything and everyone series.... This is a realistic series, meeting each person where he/she is and equipping each person to grow in his/her relationship with God, and as an outflow, with others.... [It] doesn't just grow disciples... it guides disciples to disciple others just as God intends."
—Susan Lawrence, author, Pure Purpose