Bob Lotich founded ChristianPF.com back in 2007 and after getting laid off in 2008 he took the leap into full-time blogging. Less than a year later he was earning more from his blog than his previous day-job.
While his results are not typical, this book covers all the steps he took to make money from his blog over that two-year period.
Who this book is written for:
- Those who want to get started blogging
- Those who are already blogging but aren't making as much money as they'd like to.
Who this book is NOT written for:
- People looking for a get-rich-quick system that requires little effort.
- Experienced bloggers making over $1000/m (though the book will still probably be helpful, it isn't written to this audience)
Some of the topics covered in the book:
- 4 Steps to Start Blogging in 10 minutes
- Blogging Basics
- How to setup a Self-Hosted Blog
- The importance of a Customizable Wordpress theme
- 3 primary ways to earn from your blog
- How long does it take to make money from your blog?
- How to get traffic to your blog
- SEO Tips for bloggers
- How I increased Adsense earnings $1500/m in less than 3 months
- 7 helpful tools that made it all possible
Bob used his passion for personal finance to launch his award-winning blog, ChristianPF.com, back in 2007. His writing and advice has been featured in Men's Health Magazine, Real Simple Magazine, Yahoo Finance, Forbes, and many others.
He regularly writes for the blog and currently serves as the editor of a team of writers. The site has seen over 23 Million visitors since it's inception and is home to nearly 2000 personal finance articles.
His first book How to Make Money Blogging: How I Replaced My Day-Job With My Blog is an Amazon #1 Best seller and has helped thousands of aspiring bloggers get their blogs off the ground.
Reviews written by Amazon customers:
- "For a blogging newbie, this is very clear information on
how to get started on a blog and progress into making money with a
- "I knew nothing about setting up a
blog and was overwhelmed by all the decisions and choices. This book
boiled everything down to a few very simple steps. It's written in a way
that gives you the information in a way that is easy to read and
understand. The author graciously shares his knowledge obtained through
his own trial and error to save the reader time and trouble."
- "His book is short on fluff and great on critical useful
information. I have been reading and studying up about hosting websites
and blogs and this book is a must have reference tool that I will reread
and use over and over again. If you want to learn something about
blogging this is a good place to start. If you want to learn about SEO
(search engine optimization)and ad insertion for any type of webhosting,
this is the place to start. The book is a quick read with value on
every page. I highly recommend you invest you time to read this book."
of all, let me say how refreshing it was to read a real-life,
transparent written account of blogging with the purpose of generating
income. I read a lot, and I am also a writer. So it is easy to
"see-through" those who write content just to make a sale. This is
definitely not the case with this book. This author is genuine, which
makes me as the reader respect his integrity and transparency. There are
very valuable nuggets given throughout this eBook. Direct and concise
steps are explained to the reader, so if a beginner was to finish the
book they could get started today with launching a blog."