Sample Before You Download
CRIMINAL WORDS is a compilation of 14 short stories in the genre of crime fiction – at least, “crime fiction” loosely defined.
You’ll hear intense, chilling, and breathtaking stories from:
- Joe Clifford, the author of LAMENTATION.
- Jen Conley, whose story “Finn’s Missing Sister” was short-listed as a Distinguished Story in THE BEST AMERICAN MYSTERY STORIES 2013.
- David Cranmer (as Edward A. Grainger), the author of FURTHER ADVENTURES OF CASH LARAMIE AND GIDEON MILES.
- Chris Holm, the author of DEAD HARVEST.
- Chris Irvin, the author of FEDERALES.
- Tom Pitts, the author of HUSTLE.
- Steve Weddle, the author of COUNTRY HARDBALL.
Erik Arneson, whose story "The Murder of Ernest Trapnell" was nominated for a Derringer Award.
Public radio veteran Scott Detrow supplies his considerable vocal talents, making each story come to life.
Erik Arneson writes crime fiction. His stories have appeared in the anthologies Kwik Krimes, Shotgun Honey Reloaded: Both Barrels Vol. 2 and Off the Record 2: At the Movies; in the magazines NEEDLE: A Magazine of Noir, GRIFT, and Mary Higgins Clark Mystery Magazine; and on the websites Shotgun Honey, Out of the Gutter Online, BEAT to a PULP, and Near to the Knuckle. He hosts the Title 18: Word Crimes podcast and is an editor for Shotgun Honey.
Dillon Samuelson is a fine artist and freelance illustrator from central Pennsylvania.
Scott Detrow is a former public radio reporter at KQED in Sacramento, California, and WITF in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He now covers the EPA for ClimateWire.