I'm not who they think I am. A docile girl who meekly obeys her stepmother and stepsisters. Some kind of sick angel who cheerfully bears their mistreatment. That's what I WANT them to think. Because then they won't suspect what I'm really up to.
The ball, the prince - it's all part of my plan to come out on top. Stepmother and her demented daughters will pay for every floor I have scoured, every sneer I have borne. They don't know about the white magic, how I use it to enhance myself. They can't see that my heart is black as midnight, rotten as a poisoned apple.
They're about to find out.
Hi there! I'm Anita, an author, artist, and mommy with not enough time to do any of those things. I'm sure you understand. Here are 10 semi-interesting facts about myself:
1. I was born in Philadelphia, PA. Honk if you know what 'hoagies' are.
2. I was home-schooled.
3. I started drawing when I was two years old. My dad would draw a big bus for me and I'd draw a happy face in each window.
4. I'm a chocoholic who's allergic to chocolate!!! Yes, I'm living the nightmare. Chocolate makes me bad-tempered, hysterical, or both. I sure miss ice cream sandwiches. And M&Ms. And brownies. And chocolate milkshakes. And Oreo cookies....
5. I LOVE literary novels, any book that exemplifies the beauty of language. "In vain have I struggled, it will not do! You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." (sigh)
6. I was once a donor for a bone marrow transplant. The recipient was my little sister. I was eleven years old at the time.
7. I collect piggy banks and paint them too! My favorite so far is the leopard-print piggy.
8. I can't. watch. horror movies
.9. I now live in upstate New York. After Philadelphia, I can't get used to all this grass.
10. I will never outgrow the Super Mario Brothers! Hopefully that makes me a cool mom.
Please e-mail me if you have any questions or comments about my work. I'd be delighted to hear from you! God bless you.
"This is not your typical Cinderella fractured fairytale. This well-written and magical story had many twists that I never expected." -Singing Librarian Books
"This book will keep the readers glued till the end to find out the inevitable as well as shocking climax of this story." -Amazon Reviewer
"Ms. Valle has written a delicious alternative to the sanitized Disney version of Cinderella. This girl knows how to make her world work for her." -Amazon Reviewer
"Countless authors have written darker versions of the Cinderella story, but this one stands out for the sense of inevitable tragedy that comes from jealousy and the lack of love." -Amazon Reviewer
"The twists and turns in this book are fantastic and unexpected! So different. I loved reading this and had a hard time putting it down." -Amazon Reviewer